This is a really tasty recipe. The flavor is very savory and robust. I found this on another web site originally, Diane’s Travelling Notebook, I think. Enjoy!
- Add salt and pepper to flour.
- Dredge beef in flour mixture.
- Place meat in crock pot.
- Cover with shallots and mushrooms.
- Mix beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and red wine; pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Mix 3 Tablespoons flour into 1/3 cup water, making a smooth paste.
- Add to crock pot and cook another 45 minutes.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.